The appearance and spread of COVID-19 has affected everyone in profound and unexpected ways. In accordance with guidelines offered by the CDC and public health officials, Latham Centers has implemented changes in our protocols which are communicated directly to our staff and Latham families. 随着形势的发展, we will continue to post any new information here on our “Updates for Families” page.
Resources for Families
足球外围最靠谱的网站收集了一些有用的资源来帮助孩子们, parents, 护理人员应对冠状病毒带来的挑战. The virus and its effects require changes to our behaviors and routines, but we hope that the innovative ideas and resources presented below will help you and your families navigate through this difficult time.
如果你在这段时间照顾孩子， this list from the CDC (with additional suggestions below from Latham Centers) might offer some guidance:
- 许多学校提供在线课程(虚拟学习). 回顾学校布置的作业, and help your child establish a reasonable pace for completing the work. You may need to assist your child with turning on devices, reading instructions, and typing answers.
- 向你的学校传达挑战. 如果你面临技术或连接问题, 或者你的孩子很难完成作业, let the school know.
- Create a schedule and routine for learning at home but remain flexible.
- Have consistent bedtimes and get up at the same time, Monday through Friday.
- Structure the day for learning, free time, healthy meals and snacks, and physical activity.
- Consider the needs and adjustment required for your child’s age group.
- 对学龄前儿童来说，在家里生活的过渡是不同的, K-5, middle school students, 还有高中生. Talk to your child about expectations and how they are adjusting to being at home versus at school.
- Consider ways your child can stay connected with their friends without spending time in person.
- Have hands-on activities, like puzzles, painting, drawing, and making things.
- Practice handwriting and grammar by writing letters to family members. 这是一种很好的联系和限制面对面接触的方式.
- Start a journal with your child to document this time and discuss the shared experience.
- Use audiobooks or see if your local library is hosting virtual or live-streamed reading events.
在这艰难时期帮助有孩子在家的家庭, Latham Centers has compiled a list of resources in hopes of equipping families with strategies and tools. The following resources focus on creating programming specific to someone with Prader-Willi syndrome. 足球外围最靠谱的网站包括了五个部分:
- 如何免费在家上学 lists virtual field trips such as outer space, national parks, museums, and historic landmarks
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden 提供家庭Safari系列, highlighting different animals in the zoo in their Facebook Livestream at 3:00pm EDT
- NASA提供了他们媒体库的全部访问权限, including videos and photographs, in this ‘out of this world’ opportunity
- The New England Aquarium also invites you to watch their Facebook Livestream, 有教育者和动物的视频. 所有的视频都可以在这里找到, and 他们的Facebook主页可以在这里找到.
- 蒙特利湾水族馆 提供十种不同的实时网络摄像头显示动物，如鸟类, jelly fish, sharks, sea otters, and penguins
- 失踪的音乐剧? Playbill.com gives helpful links and information about where to watch musicals on TV at home
- Preschool Inspirations provides fantastic yoga tutorials for children. 一些视频强调“瑜伽冒险”.” These adventures require minimal to no equipment and can be done as a family. For someone with PWS, yoga is a great way to work on one’s vestibular sense and core body strength
- 手机上的健身应用是一个很好的选择. MyFitnessPal encourages you to “Track calories, breakdown ingredients, and log activities.” 该网站还允许你搜索食物的卡路里计数
- Youtube电视台主持The Body Coach TV, where recently, the instructor has posted a daily ~30 minute video entitled P.E. with Joe
- General: 下面的每个网站都在不断更新他们的产品, 这可能包括免费订阅, fun quizzes, educational videos, and activity ideas.
- 了解世界各地不同的鸟类 AAA State of Play. This website lists 50 different birds with the sounds they make and can be an interactive learning experience for everyone in your household.
- 每周一和周四上午11点, Ocean Initiatives offers Virtual Marine Biology Field Classes through a live Facebook feed and videos. 了解更多关于他们的主动性 http://oceansinitiative.org/blog/，并浏览他们的脸书网页 http://www.facebook.com/OceansInitiative/.
- Cool Math 专注于不同年级的课程计划和有趣的游戏: http://www.coolmath.com/
- The iReady 数字学习平台目前是免费的. 他们提供到八年级的数学课: http://www.curriculumassociates.com/supporting-students-away-from-school
- TIME for Kids 发表了他们的出版物， Your $，专注于不同年龄段儿童的财务管理. Learn more here: http://www.timeforkids.com/
- Language Arts:
- Fun Fonix allows people to customize worksheets and select age-appropriate learning for your child: http://www.funfonix.com/
- Denver Public Library offers a virtual storytime that can be accessed 24/7: “Phone-a-story offers a wide range of stories for different age groups and you can listen to them as many times as you want. 拨720-865-8500，按照指示就可以了.” http://kids.denverlibrary.org/activities/phone-story-720-865-8500
- The iReady 数字学习平台现已免费提供. 他们提供英语/语言艺术课程到八年级: http://www.curriculumassociates.com/supporting-students-away-from-school
- BBC’s website offers, “Enter ancient worlds, meet famous people and discover fascinating facts by exploring a wide selection of historical games and activities.” http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/
- 范德比尔特大学的Facebook主页， 普瑞德-威利综合征研究-范德比尔特大学，为社交时间Zoom会议提供了独特的机会. Beginning on March 25th, they offer:
- 周一为18岁以下的人准备的PWS社交时间, Wednesday, 东部时间周五下午1点，周二, Thursday at 4pm CT.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 2pm CT they will offer PWS Social Hour for those over 18.
- PWSA (USA) Family and Medical Support counselors are available to assist families affected by PWS throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. Reach out to them at 800-926-4797 (available 10AM-5PM Eastern) or you can e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online PWS Specific Facebook forums can also be very helpful to parents and guardians, 比如普瑞德-威利综合征公开论坛.
This website connects people to online support groups that are free— everything from rare diseases, addiction, anxiety… you name it.